Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine or Asian white rice flour
5 tablespoons superfine or Asian sweet rice (also called glutinous) rice flour
6 tablespoons potato starch
3 tablespoons tapioca starch
¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
½ cup milk, at room temperature
1 cup organic unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup organic sugar
3 large organic eggs
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9” by 5” loaf pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweet rice flour blend, baking powder and salt.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium high speed for 5 minutes until it is very light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well and scraping down the sides after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix well.
4. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture and milk to the creamed butter starting with half of the flour mixture then the milk then the rest of the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Remove bowl from mixer and scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl well with a large spatula. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Check after 40 minutes and if the top is becoming too brown, place a sheet of foil over to protect it. Let cool in pan for a full 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
6. The cake will keep wrapped in the fridge for at least 3 days.
A gluten free recipe that makes one 9 inch loaf.
READY FOR MORE DESSERTS?
Please visit Simply Gluten Free official website and subscribe today: https://simplygluten-free.com